Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore!

Hi there! It’s me again!

Yesterday, we watched a really fantastic short film called: Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore. It was a show that had no dialogue! Imagine that! The only way the filmmaker could communicate to us watchers was to use music, expressions, and pictures. (Of course pictures! It’s a movie!)   Anyway, since you didn’t watch it, I will put the movie in words for you. Enjoy.

Mr. Morris Lessmore was writing peacefully in his book with his books, sitting on the veranda, in the middle of a town, in the middle of nowhere. Now, Mr. Morris Lessmore was more of a book worm. He enjoyed a good book. He also enjoyed writing them. Though, he hadn’t really ever written a book, but he was going to. He was already halfway through writing and drawing in the book when dark clouds flooded the sky. Like an army of darkness, it swarmed the blue blocking out the sun. All was still. Until, a little breeze picked up a couple of sheets of paper, and tossed them around like feathers. It wasn’t enough to break Mr. Morris’ concentration. He was focused on writing about his life experiences and drawing a picture of a jack in the box. All was still again, but the wind did not give up. It sent a fury of wind that ripped at the ground, scraping away at objects from the grasp of gravity.  From the heavens above, came down to earth, a tornado of devastation. The whole town was uprooted from the ground into the midst of flight. Mr. Morris was tossed around like a piece of dust in a vacuum cleaner, except, the vacuum cleaner was a deadly tornado. Everything was destroyed in a blur. Very soon the colour was sucked out of the town. That left Mr Morris on the ground with his book filled with blank pages. All the books that he owned were ripped apart and scattered all around the town. Mr Morris Lessmore got up and followed the trail of pages. At the end of the trail Mr Morris met a girl, flying in the sky, carried by flying books. The girl brought colour to the place, but not to the people like Mr Morris. The girl then sent down her book to guide Mr Morris, to the library.

Very soon he engaged a life of taking care of books and adding colour to people’s lives. He then soon got old and was carried away by another set of flying books. He then got back his youth and let his book go down back to the library to start a new beginning.

The message that I found in this short film, was that reading books bring happiness and colour to a person’s heart. I also found out that music can emphasise emotions and feelings.

Thank you for reading my post about the Fantastic Flying Books of Mr Morris Lessmore. You can also search up on YouTube “Fantastic Flying Books of Mr Morris Lessmore”. See ya next time!

One thought on “Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore!

1. Hi Tim,
    I love all the widgets on your blog and how the links and recent posts etc. are all in green. Your background is cool as well. I don’t think there is anything you can improve on.
    Yours sincerely
    Molly